O/PUS® OPUSInstall Software Update
For information about this quarter's update, see the current O/PUS FYI² Notes newsletter.
Download your OPUSInstall software update each quarter from the ECI Customer Support Portal.
It will install and/or update the O/PUS SIMPLE, PSNControl, Super Store Data Update, Instant Contract Eraser (csICE), and UpdateUNI & UpdateSPR multiloader software on your DDMS server.
WHILE TBL SERVER IS SHUT DOWN,
YOU MAY RUN OPUSINSTALL.
We will notify O/PUS Trade Services subscribers via email when OPUSInstall is updated each quarter.
- Best Method: Login to ECi Support Portal to Download OPUSInstall
You can securely download your DDMS software from the ECi Customer Support Portal at your convenience!
* The OPUSInstall software update was previously available on the DDMS public site; it is now being moved to our Portal.
IMPORTANT: The members-only ECI Customer Support Portal's page of Software Downloads will be the primary method of delivery for all DDMS software. This is effective with the release of both DDMS 8.19 and the OPUSInstall in June 2009.
- Go to support.ECiSolutions.com
- Enter your unique Email Address.
- Enter your password (For a temporary password, check the I forgot my password checkbox.)
- Click Submit.
- If this is your first time, don't miss Andrew's 10-minute video Guided Tour on portal features and his 2-minute video on downloading the latest software. These are available on the login page above the sign-in box.
- If you requested a temporary password via email, click the link in your email to log in. At the prompts, change the password to one you can easily remember.
- Click Software Downloads on the button bar at the top.
- Select OPUS from the Product Line drop-down box, or scroll down to the OPUS heading.
- Click OPUSInstall heading, and follow the instructions there. (Make sure you have TBLServer shut down when you RUN opusInstall)
If you are having issues logging in or getting your password, please call your support team and they can walk you through the process.
In addition to software downloads, you can use the Portal to log your requests for technical assistance, add attachments related to your support tickets, add notes to a web conversation with your support technician, update ticket status, view your support ticket history, and look up the status of software issues you previously turned in for development.
- Alternate Method: Download and Run OPUSInstall
Each quarter, you need to download and run OPUSInstall. The quarterly release of OPUSInstall includes any enhancements or new vendor parameters (as described in FYI² Notes) or other software changes that may be necessary. The OPUSInstall software update wizard will install the PSNControl, SIMPLE, and related software (csICE, Super Store Data Update) versions required to process data for this quarter.
Also see O/PUS Loading FAQs.
IMPORTANT: The ECI Customer Support Portal's page of Software Downloads will be the primary method of delivery for all DDMS software. This is effective with the release of both DDMS 8.19 and the OPUSInstall in June 2009.
However, access to the portal requires your ECi DDMS account to be up to date. If you have an outstanding balance with ECi, you may automatically be denied access to the support portal. If your Trade Services O/PUS subscription is current, you may follow these alternative steps (subject to change in subsequent quarters):
- Running OPUSInstall is a dedicated procedure. Make sure no one else is using the system.
- Shut down TBL Server.
- Click opusinstall.exe.
- In the dialog box that appears, select Save or Save to Disk (this option may be worded differently, depending on the browser you use).
- When prompted for a place to save the file, navigate to the folder where your DDMS files are located (for example:
C:\DDMS or D:\DDMS.)
Note: If you are not using your DDMS server to perform the download, you can copy the file across the network to the drive where your DDMS files are located.
- Save the file.
- When your download is complete, navigate to the folder where you saved opusinstall.exe.
- Open opusinstall.exe by double-clicking it.
- Follow the prompts that appear on screen.
Note: If your DDMS server runs under Windows 2003, you may possibly see one of the following warning messages:
"The software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with this version of Windows…"
— OR —
"INF Install Failure. Reason: Could not retrieve the system message …"
These messages are no cause for concern. Click OK, and the installation will proceed normally.
- When it's finished, restart TBL Server.
After you have updated your software, you can use PSNControl software to download the O/PUS MultiVendor Update database and your vendors' price files and catalogs for this quarter. You can even schedule your PSNControl file download.
Then, you’ll use SIMPLE, the graphical O/PUS loading program, to load this quarter’s catalog updates. For detailed instructions on using SIMPLE, see Loading O/PUS Multi-Vendor Quarterly Update (pdf).
Afterward, you will complete your post-load procedures, including loading vendor price files, setting purchasing vendor, inventory housekeeping, and so on.
To ensure the quarter-end goes smoothly, we have published a checklist of loading steps in O/PUS Quick Reference (pdf).